Sooooo….. it’s been a very long time since I’ve posted a recipe! Sorry for the wait. This recipe embodies America and Mexican delights that will soothe your pallet. You can call it freedom food.
•2 whole wheat quesadillas
• 1 cup of cubed sharp cheddar
• Turkey Burgers (seperately made)
• 1 tbsp of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
• 1 pound of ground turkey (great buy at Walmart!)
• 1 package of crumbled feta cheese (another great Walmart find)
• 1 egg
•1 annehiem pepper (chopped)
• 1 & 1/2 tbsp salt
• 3 dashes of pepper
• 1 skillet
• 1 baking pans
• 1 plate
• 2 tbsp of EVOO
• 1 spatula
1.) In your baking pan combine the ground turkey, pepper, cheese, salt, pepper & egg
2.) While you’re squishing Burgers heat the recommended amount of EVOO in a skillet on medium heat
3.) After the meat is prepped mold little balls about 2-3 inches wide & 1-1 & 1/2 inches thick & place them in a skillet
4.) Heat your Burgers on both sides and press them with your spatula until both sides are crisp on the outside and the inside has somewhat hardened
5.) Repeat this process & add the cooked Burgers on a plate
6.) After the Burgers are finished wash & dry your skillet to reuse for quesadilla pressing with recommended EVOO & medium – low heat
*NOTE*: I used day old Burgers that chilled overnight but fresh ones should still be tasty!
7.) Place your tortilla in the skillet & while it’s heating add half of a cup of your cubed sharp cheddar cheese over half of the tortilla
8) While it the cheese is melting & your tortilla is toasting QUICKLY crumble one burger over the half of the tortilla with the melting cheese & fold then press with your spatula
9) Lift the bottom of your folded quesadilla slightly to prevent it from sticking to the skillet then flip your creation to the other side
10.) Once both sides are browned & crisp you’re ready to dig in!
11.) Repeat this process with your second tortilla & then dig in!
Suggested pairs: Green or Red Grapes & Green Salad with tomato & a spiced Greek yogurt dressing
FUN FACTS: Wheat filled eating patterns fuel you with vitamin b complex which improves metabolism, increases life span & boosts the immune system which can help under stressful conditions. It also regulates blood glucose levels in diabetic patients & lowers the hazzards of heart disease.
Extra virgin olive oil reduces the stress on your breathing & improves brain health!