My grandfather is a wonderful cook! He’s most enthusiastic about his red beans. On my first attempt EVER to try this “sacred” recipe, I was delighted to update it and make it healthy. I cooked my beans with hot smoked sausage and served it with brown rice. I couldn’t help however to add one piece of comfort food to remind me of home. This is very nutritious meal! I don’t suggest however to indulge in the cornbread if you are watching your weight.
Two Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of milk
1 can of creamed corn
1 jalepeno pepper
• Preheat your oven as instructed on your Jiffy boxes
• In a large mixing bowl add your cornbread mix
• Add both of your eggs
• Add your water and milk
• Stir your current mixture until a batter forms
• Add your Creamed Corn
• Slice your Jalepeno Pepper into small pieces
• Add your sliced peppers
• Stir your ingredients and bake as instructed on your jiffy box
Baking Tip: Stick a butterknife in the middle of the bread while cooking to see if it’s done. If little to no residue appears on your knife, you’re ready to eat!